Friday, September 4, 2015

Being a Mom

No matter what I have wanted to do with my life, being a mom was always number one. As every day passes, it seems the world is turning into a more and more horrid place to live in. Today, I was talking to my mom about Deputy Darren Goforth's funeral. I couldn't watch the funeral, because I knew I would be a sobbing mess; but, I had read multiple articles about the funeral. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and it scares me that it will continue to happen and nobody can do anything to change it.  In the Bible in Timothy, it says "and the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary." People don't understand, but this is happening! Okay, I did not want this to be a political/religious post! I got off track a little. But, when me and my mom were talking about it, this topic came up, and what ties it all together is...I want to be a mom before this all happens. Yes, I understand, NO body knows when this will happen! But it's coming. I know more than 100% when it does happen, if I'm not there yet, that I will be going to Heaven and spending eternity with God. But if there is one thing I could do before that happens, being a mom is it. Yes, finishing school is very important, getting married would be awesome, but having a child is my number one priority. Now, I know what you're thinking. "Sarah, when was the last time you even had a boyfriend??" Ugh, don't remind me. For the last, I don't know, at least 5 years now, I have always said, that if I didn't have a husband/boyfriend by the time I was 27, I would take this into my own hands by doing some sort of IVF to have a child. As I'm nearing up on my 25 birthday in a couple of months, I have really been considering pushing up to 26. I definitely have a lot of praying and thinking to do about this decision, and if you could, please say a quick prayer for me, that I make the best decision for me and my future child. Now I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I will end with one of my favorite bible verses. Psalm 113:9 He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the LORD!

2 comments:

  1. I sooo love Psalm 113:9. Whenever I left my full-time job, and started working part-time (in the evening!) to stay home with Kensington, that verse helped me to remember what is important in life! I always knew my design was to be a mama. If you have any IVF questions, I can answer them! :) Praying! You sound like you'd be an excellent mama. Do what feels right. Like I said - I was designed by the creator to bear a child, and I know that there are others out there that feel the same! XOXO

    ReplyDelete